The connector above my water heater is dripping what looks like
green/white stuff around one of the connectors...
What is it? It looks kind of chemicalish, definitely does not look
like water. Will it eat away the pipe? What do I do?
The connectors on the cold water pipe also looks a little green, but
it does not leak at all. The water heater is about 15 years old..
Copper sulfate...you've got a weep that isn't large enough (yet) to show
dampness...it will, eventually.
What to do...either repair it now, or wait until you have a larger leak.
(You can pay me now, or you can pay me later). :)
get an expert to assess your situation, it could be poison, check out the
data on copper pipes and "green stuff" at these links:
So are you recommending everyone pull out their copper pipes? That green
copper oxidation is normal but shouldn't be leaking from the pipes....just
curious since you think it is poisonous.....take care, Ross
Gosh....be nice here....if you open up any copper pipe it is green....since
when is copper sulfate poison or poisonous since you draw a distinction...
Insulting will not make your original post correct but if it makes you feel
better .... more power to you...hmmm...Plonk....that's a trolls thing...so
have a nice day effi
That was my observation and hey...copper sulfate isn't poison or poisonous
(since I guess he has a distinction there) unless you are an
invertabrate....so are we to conclude that effi is a slug...I know...low,
blow, troll...but what the heck....he will never see it since I have been
PLONKED.....yeah right!...take care, Ross
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.