Traffic on this NG

This is the busiest NG I visit! Wonder if it's one of the busiest on the Net?

Anybody (with too much time on their hands!) ever do a study of messages per unit time?

Aspasia

Reply to
aspasia

Much to my surprise, it is.

Looks like the busiest (not counting posts by bots, spam, misplaced binaries, tech support groups, or test groups) English language text newsgroups, as of today, are:

alt.fan.harry-potter alt.atheism rec.autos.sport.f1 alt.recovery.adult-children alt.support.depression alt.gossip.celebrities alt.religion.scientology rec.games.pinball alt.politics rec.sport.pro-wrestling talk.origins rec.food.cooking rec.music.beatles rec.gambling.poker alt.fan.cecil-adams alt.home.repair

Source:

Tony Sivori

Hey, thanks for that URL! Loaded with information.

How did you isolate the busiest, per your research above -- eliminating certain crap - er...criteria?

I guess we should be appropriately, humble, placed BELOW the salt ...er...scientology...

Aspasia

Reply to
aspasia

Not long ago, this was one of the lamest groups. I don't get it . The guy that started it sold his webtv and gave up the as the groups moderator and it took off??

Reply to
Charles Pisano

Not every moderated group has moderated in its name, but this group is not moderated now. Was it ever?

Reply to
mm

Maybe I called it wrong. But he was the guy who started the group and 'would' refer to himself as it's moderator as well.. Not unusual to see less than 100 posts back then..

Reply to
Charles Pisano

Since when has an ALT group been moderated?

Just the other day I was asking myself; self? Why is this group called the wreck?

Can you tell the world why this is so?

-- Oren

"I didn?t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."

Reply to
Oren