What's a fair price for this type of roof repair?

I have a one story home with a regular shingle roof. It's got a pitch that is easy to stand on.

There are three areas about the size of two sheets of plywood each that need to be repaired.

I know it's impossible to give a specific estimate of repair cost, but what would be a "ball-park" guess?

I have to hire someone to do this. I'm too old to be climbing on roofs. I'm not a rich person. I have to watch my money.

Please, if you can tell me this, it may save me from being ripped off by someone who realizes that I don't know much about roofing.

Thank you very much for your help.

Reply to
Merlin

You will need to give some dimensions as well as the number of gables and valleys. Your general location would be good. Is there competition or do you only have a couple of roofing contractors to choose from? What kind shingle do you want? ie: 3 tab, dimensional?

Reply to
Robert

And even more importantly imo, if there are areas that size that are obviously needing repair from the ground, there's a very high likelihood inspection will uncover more...

I think all you can do realistically is to get several estimates (certainly at least two and three would be better) and judge from them. Hopefully you have neighbors and/or friends/acquaintances/etc. that can give you some recommendations of who to call...

Reply to
dpb