tool adjust Pella casement windows

We have had Pella casement windows for 13 years. Windows are fine, work well and hold up well.

Problem is larger ones ( 31X55 and 25X70 inches) get out of alignment and won't close easily. Probably caused by either wind jerking them around when open or just the house settling.

Finally called Pella service after years of getting worse and all he did was use a tool to pry (raise up lever action) the window and remove and replace washers (spacers different sizes). This service call cost $50 for whole house (all windows).

While this worked, within a year or two the same large windows are doing it again. I think the large casements just catch the wind and get jerked around till they are out of alignment and won't close properly.

Can I find the tool & washer set anywhere on line?

It was just a simple lever (pry) bar just 5-6 inches long and service guy said an assortment of washers (spacers) raised or lowered the window to align it and one just had to substitute the correct spacer.

Really don't want to have to get a service charge to simply replace the spacers every 2-3 years.

Thanks. I have looked on line with search engines and can't find and reference to this tool.

Frustrated

Reply to
morenuf

I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt there's anything special about the tool or washers. At Home Depot, I recently spotted a miniature version of a pry bar, maybe the size of a butter knife. And, I'd use nylon washers, which can be found at any real hardware store. Why try and find these things online?

Reply to
Doug Kanter