Toilet Handles

I have an American Standard Cadet(4310) toilet in a rental and the tenants just broke their second of those cheap, plastic Taiwan handles.
I would replace it with a generic metal handle but there are three problems; the hole in the tank is square, the flapper chain is beaded rather than link, and the arm is offset 45 degreees to the handle. I can change the flapper too, but I can't get past that 45 degree offset.
Does anyone know an online source for American Standard parts? If all else fails, I suppose I could get a metal handle and try bending the arm, but that would be hit-and-miss at best.
John
"John~ " wrote:

Perhaps visit a real plumbing supply house? They still exist and most actually have knowledgeable employees unlike the "home centers".
Pete C.

Visited two--they don't have American Standard parts at all...
John
I used a kohler handle and it was a serious up grade. It has a real bearing and shaft probably will out live me, I'm pretty sure it was a square hole that I put it in. I was going through those plastic ones in around 2 years. http://www.kohlerserviceparts.kohler.com/ServicePartsPage.aspx?DocumentID 62748f9dc54fb99f6f9e2e7dee60d4&ModelIDhd52be00f5f43379d05bbf09b70e023

online. Look here: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ned=&ie=UTF-8&q=american+standard+parts
"John~ "

Goddamn renters! Give 'em a string to attach to the flapper.
Good enough for their grandpa, good enough for them. Tell 'em they break the chain, you'll remove the toilet.
If a hole in the floor is good enough for 1 billion Chinese....