To take a traffic sign off a sign post, do I not hold the back of the screw with one pliers while I twist the nut with another pliers?

To take a traffic sign off a sign post, do I not hold the back of the screw with one pliers while I twist the nut with another pliers?
There's a ONE WAY sign laying on a sidewalk near my house (the result of a hurricane). I tried to take it off the post it's on by twisting the nut and it didn't come off. I scratched it with my pliers, so now I don't want it anymore. So therefore I cased my neighborhood tonight for another sign for me and I thus found a STOP sign right above a mailbox. There's no streetlight and so I won't stick out like a sore thumb standing there on top of the mailbox. I used to write graffiti so I know how to listen for cop cars with my back to traffic. How long should it take my to remove the stop sign? Will it have just two screws like the ONE WAY sign does?
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 10/20/2010 3:11 AM, Chris Tsao wrote:

Wrong newsgroup, you want "alt.sophomoric.prank" or "alt.dumbass"
TDD
Add pictures here
βœ–
The Daring Dufas wrote:

More likely alt.troll, where he will go in with a full belly, thanks to you.
Jon
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Oct 20, 4:07 pm, "Jon Danniken"

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/100/l_adc8d82f54a84825861a76fb152d4da6.jpg
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/79/l_b8dc472848a54db9bf6292f929917b39.jpg
WRONG! This is the STOP sign and the knocked-down ONE WAY sign that I just photographed. If I was a troll, I would have said that I'm coveting a "CAUTION CHILDREN AT PLAY" sign or something.
Add pictures here
βœ–

What? That sign GREW there? The people that put it there, own it, so pick up the phone and call them. They'll fix it.
BTW, trolls don't always know they're trolls. ;)
βœ–
On 10/20/2010 3:07 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:

WTF?, You never heard of reverse troll? Sheesh!
TDD
Add pictures here
βœ–
Chris Tsao wrote:

These folks stole a sign, three people died, the sign takers went to prison. > http://tinyurl.com/26eowdu
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 10/20/2010 5:49 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Sending them to prison saved their lives, a friend or family member of the victims would have killed them.
TDD
Add pictures here
βœ–