Timer for Light Switch??

I live in an apartment and I'm not allowed to screw around with internal wiring. So I can't remove an already installed light switch. Having said that, about two years ago I say a mechanical battery powered device that fits overtop an installed light switch and flicks it on and off at certain times - programmed in. Sounds pretty interesting. I think I saw it in those airplane magazines - skymall. Usually its junk. Has anyone seen a timer device like this?

Buy a in the box wall timer and just remember to remove it before you leave.
If your paranoid then pay the landlord to do it.
try an x10 timer... do a google or go to smarthome.com or comparable site
On 14 Apr 2006 17:37:24 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

There are X10 light modules that screw in the socket. If there's room you don't have to do anything to the wiring.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 15 Apr 2006 09:56:08 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I have one of those things. It screws into a light socket and sticks out a couple of inches and is round except a bulge for a power transistor. You screw a light bulb in to this. It then performs as an X10 light module. You can turn it on and off from any X10 controller that can be plugged into any 120V receptacle on the same power transformer. X10 calls the module "socket rocket".
You can get these things from http://www.smarthome.com/2005cm.html
http://www.smarthome.com/4030SH.HTML is a link to one of the simple plug-in controllers that can be used with this. There are many other X10 modules available on this site, including wireless controllers.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Better off with Intermatic!
They make timers of all sorts and are usually found in local hardware stores. The locals can talk you through the installation.
RickR