And one dollar store nearby has been selling prong converters, in
either direction, for a dollar. They were also available cheap at one
other store near me, and maybe for more money at a luggage store.
When I was abroad, they were also cheap, maybe 80 cents, at a hardware
store, but first I had to find a hardware store. In two months I only
saw two of them. I didn't stay at one -- I stayed in a dorm for two
months at 12.50 a night -- but I wonder what they cost at a 5-star
No, the big advantage of wall warts is that the manufacturer can buy them with
whatever compliance/safety certifications are necessary for the intended
market and *greatly* simplify product compliance. It's still not free, but
the difficulties are *greatly* reduced. The WWs spread these costs over
kabillions of units.
Such wall warts already exist. They have replaceable prongs and are often
sold with a kit for all major markets. We use this sort for our products that
are sold internationally.
On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 05:54:43 -0700 (PDT), Chris Tsao
This is an apartment building. It doesn't say UL-approved. Why not?
This is what it does say. Is this enough to guarantee it won't fail
and cause tenant damages, or to prevent a lawsuit?
* Assembled Depth (in.) : 1 in
* Assembled Height (in.) : 4.5 in
* Assembled Width (in.) : 2.72 in
* CSA Listed : Yes What is the CSA?
Confederate States of America? Do they have any money anymore?
* Color : Ivory
* Color Family : Beige/Bisque
* Color/Finish : Ivory / Gloss
* ETL Listed : No What is the ETL
* ETL Safety Listed : No What is the ETL
* Electrical Product Type : Outlet
* Energy Star Compliant : No
* Grounding : Isolated Ground
* Hospital Grade : No Hospital grade is more than you need,
and it's not that.
* Indoor/Outdoor : Indoor
* Item Weight : .22 lb
* Manufacturer Warranty : 2-Year Limited
* Material : Plastic
* Maximum Amperage (amps) : 15 A
* Maximum Voltage : 125 V
* Motion Sensing : No
* Number of Outlets : 2
* Number of Switches : 0
* Outlet Location : Wall
* Outlet Type : Duplex
* Product Depth (in.) : 1 in
* Product Height (in.) : 4.5 in
* Product Weight (lb.) : .225 lb
* Rotating : Yes
* Rotating : Yes
* Safety Listing : Yes What kind of safety listing?
* Surface Mount : No
* Tamper Resistant : No
* Voltage (volts) : 125 V
* Wall Plate Included : Yes
* Weather Resistant : No
Intertek corporation's listing ID. One of UL's competitors.
I believe it used to stand for "Electrical Testing Laboratory", or some such.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.