There are 4 wires in the box

There are 4 wires in the box. All of them are black.

Three go to the wires entering the box. One is connected to a screw on the back of the metal box.

Since black wires are all supposed to always go to the brass colored screw on the outlet, I connected all four of them to them screwes. It was hard getting all 4 of them to stay under the two brass screws. I finally got all of them on the outlet and now the fuse keeps blowing. I even used a bigger fuse. The original was a 15, I used a 30. I cant find any 50 or larger size fuses. I know a bigger one would probably work. Where can I buy larger fuses? The hardware store dont have them. I wired it as it's supposed to be. It clearly says on the website all black wires go to brass color screws. Anyhow, I put a penny under the fuse and there was a puff of smoke from the outlet and now there is no power at all in the hole house.

This is pissing me off. Right before Easter and we got no power in the hole f****ng house. I'm trying to get drunk, and the f****ng wife keeps bitching. Guess I say f*ck it and f*ck her. Its time to go to the bar. She's the one who blew out that outlet anyhow with all her f****ng electric cooking shit. Especually that damn big ham cooker thing. Let he fix it.

Think i'll spend easter in the bar.

Reply to
danlucas11

Keep trying. You are on the right track.

Reply to
Metspitzer

Put a big piece of copper to replace the main fuse, that should do it. Being drunk helps.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Mr. Austerity

Hell, an old bolt laying around will do it. The most important thing when working with high-voltage is being nice and drunk!

Reply to
G. Morgan

Suicide is painless?

Reply to
krw

Is rebar something that used to be a bar then became a bar again?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Is a repeat, a Pete that became Pete, again?

.

Is rebar something that used to be a bar then became a bar again?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you go to the same bar day after day to drink, you have a re-bar. Unless you go to a different bar, and in that case if you keep going to that different bar, that one becomes the re-bar.

Reply to
tangerine3