the preheat beeper go off before the oven is at full temperature

My oven preheats quickly to about 250 and beeps that it is ready. But I have it set to a higher temperature. If I just wait a few minutes it will get to the temperature setting, and cooks just fine. why does it beep to soon?
Kim Holiday wrote:

If set the temp. higher than 250, when it passes 250 it'll beep and reach your set temp. indicating it is working going upto higher set temp. Isn't it right?
On 9/7/2014 12:44 AM, Kim Holiday wrote:

Probably because it is close enough. Preheating means little in the end result.
Did it always do that or did this just start happening? It wouldn't think it should work that way, but it seems more like it's programmed to do that, than some failure. Read the manual?