The economy -- are we replacing or repairing?

Page 3 of 5
On 1/5/2012 3:15 PM, HeyBub wrote:

You should not even invite in for an interview anyone with a degree in anything that has "studies" in the name. It is the hallmark of intellectually worthless programs that have no academic rigor and are nothing but ideological propaganda. This is especially true if the word "interdisciplinary" is part of the program title or description.

Do you trust Affirmative Action college degrees? I've tried to carry on an intelligent conversation with some recent college graduates and it's quite evident that they only understand about every other word I say and I'm not trying to use a very advanced vocabulary with them. o_O
TDD
I've seen some lack of eduction in my life, but I didn't know it made it as far as four year degreed persons. That's spooky, to think that the lack of education extends to colleges, also.
Perhaps they have future careers as Occupy Wall Street crowd, and union protest marches?

Do you trust Affirmative Action college degrees? I've tried to carry on an intelligent conversation with some recent college graduates and it's quite evident that they only understand about every other word I say and I'm not trying to use a very advanced vocabulary with them. o_O
TDD

Yesterday Ellen Degeneris stumped the Jersey Shore girls with this political awareness question:
"There are nine justices on the Supreme Court. Who presides on Judge Judy?"
jsw
Good God. I've got to change my citizenship. It's too embarassing to be USA. Maybe some pacific island where the women wear grass skirts, and the men carry machetes and WWII surplus .45 pistols?
Yesterday Ellen Degeneris stumped the Jersey Shore girls with this political awareness question:
"There are nine justices on the Supreme Court. Who presides on Judge Judy?"
jsw
The Daring Dufas wrote the following:

Speaking of affirmative action. I haven't eaten in at MacDonalds in the last couple of decades, but I remember they used to have written on their paper place mats, "We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer". Isn't that a dichotomy?
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 1/6/2012 11:58 AM, willshak wrote:

I The UK, they call it "Positive Discrimination". ^_^
TDD

No.
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_Action
In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued Executive Order 11246 which required federal contractors to take "affirmative action" to hire without regard to race, religion and national origin.
On 1/6/2012 3:32 PM, Mr. Grumpypants wrote:

Then explain why "Minorities" are being accepted into schools while Caucasians with higher test scores and qualifications are being passed over? Is that Equal Opportunity, nondiscriminatory? The same thing has been happening in the work force for many years. o_O
TDD
message

That's not true. It's an urban myth perpetrated by the parents of stupid children.
On 1/6/2012 5:31 PM, Mr. Grumpypants wrote:

Ah, yes, a member of The P.L.L.C.F. reveals itself. ^_^
TDD
message

Wrong again...but you're certainly free to keep guessing. ;-)
On 1/6/2012 6:39 PM, Mr. Grumpypants wrote:

If it quacks like a duck, it must be trolling. ^_^
TDD
message

First you accuse me of being a member of the PLLCF, whatever that is. Then I'm a trolling duck.
When people realize they're wrong, they often resort to childish tactics like name calling.
On 1/6/2012 7:24 PM, Mr. Grumpypants wrote:

OK "Mr. Grumpypants", have it your way. I'll never call you names again. ^_^
TDD

You say you aren't a member of PLLCF the admit that you have no idea what it is.

Given the above lie (and your short but leftist-loser history here), it sure fits.

Calls 'em as we sees 'em.
On 1/8/2012 4:31 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

If you tell a Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freak that he farts like an elephant, said P.L.L.C.F. runs to Mommy crying that TDD just called me an elephant, punish him Mommy! ^_^
TDD
Replace. Definitely.

If you tell a Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freak that he farts like an elephant, said P.L.L.C.F. runs to Mommy crying that TDD just called me an elephant, punish him Mommy! ^_^
TDD
On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 18:31:27 -0500, "Mr. Grumpypants"

No, actually in many cases it IS true - in the workplace for sure. MANY jobs are advertised and they might as well put right on the add "white males need not apply" Particularly in government regulated businesses - and government/civil service jobs.
A friend years ago when the Seagrams Distillery in Waterloo closed down, was looking for a job. He was a BIG BOY - about 310 and 6'4", and bald as a billiard ball On the application was the question "are you a member of a visible minority?" He answered yes and got an interview - The interviewer was taken aback, and asked why he answered "yes" to the visible minority question. He answered that he was a hardworking, intelligent, unemployed white male, so was in the minority, and at 6'4" and 310 , and "shiny" he was DEFINITELY visible!!
On 1/6/2012 8:46 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Years ago I read of an engineer who had his name legally changed to a Hispanic surname so he could get a job. Before that, his resumes with his outstanding qualifications were always tossed. After his resumes were edited by changing to the new name, he was swamped with job offers. o_O
TDD