The Clusterfuck Known As Verizon

Page 2 of 2

They dont use the residential lines that are the problem for him.

And when those have a problem, they kick arse and get them fixed.
Something a single residential customer doesnt have the muscle to achieve.
dONT GET FIOS! The internet part is great but the phone service part is unreliable and they really dont care. after 2 months of troubles, stepped up to multiple calls daily and the media it finally got fixed. it was the T1 router the first on site technician suspected.
worse they wouldnt let you go back to copper.
the problem we had effected near 800 people in the local; office
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

couldn't possibly be worse than their copper phone service. That doesn't work either.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

copper fails when it rains, it shorts the lines where they leak.
trust me FIOS is WORSE
on 9/6/2007 5:59 PM don said the following:

I recently changed my wireless from Nextel to Sprint. I figured that since they merged, the infrastructure would be the same. It isn't. I can get 3 bars on my Nextel in my basement. With Sprint, I get 1 bar if I'm lucky. Usually I get No Service. If I start a phone call outside, where I can get 2 bars (Nextel 4 bars), and walk inside the house while on the phone, I get a dropped call with a faded signal message. Don't worry. I am in the trial period and am going back to Nextel.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On Sep 6, 12:25 pm, Windswept@Home (Jack) wrote:

On Sep 6, 9:25 am, Windswept@Home (Jack) wrote:

Ask them to give you a cell phone to use until your landline is fixed. Call the consumer advocate at your local TV station.
Jerry

we're aware of the problem and we are working on it!

Say, while we are sitting on our as^H^H^H^Hinvestigating the proble, why not download this hip 30 second Blingtone of Beyonce for just $3.99 plus tax, or upgrade your cell phone to the Backstage Hollywooder Deluxe with the kewl rotating screen!
On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 16:25:50 +0000, Jack wrote:

I feel compelled to reply because the problem isnt just Verizon. The real problem is the situation with monopolies in the business. It doesnt matter what company you pick for phone service, Cable Service or internet. They all treat the customers the same. The reason they do is because there is no incentive to not do it.
You hear of people that "Have no problem" with these companies but thats because they actually have not had to interact with the company over a problem or they are just spewing fud in the newsgroup.
So, How to solve the problem? The one thing that always gets their attention is to not pay the bill. Before not paying the bill make sure you DO write and complain to the utilities commission in your area.
When comcast calls me and wants to sell me their phone service over internet I tell them Im sorry but because of their poor track record in customer service Iam not interested. Then they want to try and sell me on digital tv. I tell them the same thing.
Unless something is done about these companies its going to get alot worse. My advice is withhold payment on the bill until your problem is resolved. Make sure you call them to let them know and also ask for credit for the time you where out of service.
Best of luck,
--
coffee
Linux Registered User #449534
Windswept@Home (Jack) wrote:

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 16:25:50 GMT, Windswept@Home (Jack) wrote:

Go here and find the agency for your state: http://www.dps.state.ny.us/stateweb.htm Contact them and complain. Assuming you are talking about POTS, copper is highly regulated, (which is another reason VZ wants you off copper and on FiOS) and that is your hook. Tell them you have no 911 service. Ensure you save a copy of your complaint, and send it to that part of VZ serving your state Older than you
Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime