The Clusterfuck Known As Verizon

Page 1 of 2
Phone service has been sporadic for 12 days, with normal dial tone only 10% of the time at first, and now only 25% of the time. The rest of the time there has been a buzz without dial tone, or completely dead line. Testing reveals that problem is somewhere along their outside lines. First technician was available 5 days after onset of problem, but on that day an electronic message said that the problem is now fixed and technician is not necessary.
But the problem was not fixed.
New appt. made for today, 12 days after onset of problem, along with a complaint to BBB. But this morning a human got thru and advised that the tech may not show up because of heavy workloads in the area.
12 days with phone service at 25% at best.
The idiots want to upgrade and sell all sorts of gadgets yet cannot even provide basic, reliable phone service. I'm an old fart who remembers as far back as the late 1940s and can tell ya that phone service was never this bad.
Switching companies won't help cuz Verizon maintains the infrastructure.
On Sep 6, 12:25 pm, Windswept@Home (Jack) wrote:

Had the exact same issue in Maryland. Problem persisted for months. Eventually got a cable modem and used cellular for my voice needs, much more reliable.
nate

This is Maryland also.
Well, the technician finally showed up and said that a surge protector outside the house ground out. Not sure if it was on the phone box on the wall or the nearest pole. He replaced it and said that everything checks out. Time will tell.
Question is: Why did the phone work perfectly some of the time??
On Sep 7, 10:15 am, snipped-for-privacy@home.net (Jack) wrote:

I couldn't say. What i do know is that Verizon supposedly ran a new wire from the pole into the house, moved the line from the pole to the nearest distribution whaddayacallit onto another pair, and came out to check it out at least once every two weeks for six months or so before I gave up on them. I know it wasn't the wiring in the house because I had two lines wired up into my bedroom - the "house" phone and my personal line. When I moved the wires over to the connections for the "house" phone on the terminal block downstairs everything was cool, but my personal phone line *NEVER* worked right. And I had the same issue as you, it would seem to work fine, but then I would call someone or dial up with my computer and suddenly it was horribly staticky, my computer would lose its connection, and if I was on a voice call I could barely hear the other end of the line.
This is AFTER they insulted me by requesting a deposit before turning my phone on in VA (said I didn't have enough credit history? even though I'd just had utilities in my name in OH?) having issues with the LD on that line, then moving to MD, having them sell my GF DSL that didn't work at our house, "oh, you're too far away from the substation, the salesperson should never have sold that to you" after I get it all hooked up and find it doesn't work worth a shit... and then there's my GF's cell phone which I can hear perfectly well just long enough for her to say "hello" and then it starts cutting in and out... fark Verizon. I can't think of a company that I've had a worse customer service experience with, although the Maryland MVA comes close, they don't count because they're not a private company.
I didn't even get the phone service turned on at the new house, and I'm sure it's saved me lots of money, stress, and aggravation. Those commercials that were out a month or two ago royally pissed me off though - did you see those? Verizon is trying to get people to keep their land line by touting how their service is so reliable, works when other utilities don't, yadda yadda yadda... BULL SHIT! My cell phone is infinitely more reliable than any Verizon land line I've ever had, and that is why nobody wants their shite service.
nate
Jack wrote:

That shouldn't happen. Please return it for a replacement.
I'd try calling the FCC.
AFAIK, they are required by federal law to address problems within a set period of time. If they fail to do this, you should be able to file a complaint with the FCC (for what that's worth).
At the very least, I'd be asking them for a credit for the days the phone was unusable!
Eric Law

Jack wrote:

Been there, done that. Just about any time after a heavy rain. ____________

Been there, done that too. _____________

Complaining to BBB is spitting in the wind. ______________

Advise the human that that is not acceptable. Tell them your aged mother/father needs phone service to reset their pace maker and that if he/she dies it is their fault. Mention that their favorite nephew is a high powered lawyer. _______________

Call customer/business service and get a credit. ______________

Agreed. Life was much simpler when you could just say, "Give me Aardvark 42597".
The really frustrating thing IME is that when a tech finally gets there he can't find anything. There are techs and there are TECHS. Pray you get the latter.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Not only that, but nowadays you often get weird error messages, dead ends, etc. It wasn't always this way. Land line service has really gone down in recent years.

I love Verizon. never had a problem with service at apt, businessor cell!

So you're either lucky, an idiot, or a liar.
I'd had Verizontal claiming "no signal" in the middle of Times Square.
They regularly lost signal in downtown Minneapolis. (They probably still do, but it's not my problem any more.) Apparently they spent more on bus advertising about how good their network is than on actually making their notwork any good.
Seth

Oh wait I digress, you left Minnie Land and made the move to the Big Apple. ROTFLMAO! God help you moron. I do understand though, the welfare system there is much much more expansive.
Let me ass one thing. Not only do the Vikings suck, but so do the Yankees, the Giants and the Jets.
Can you hear me now Seth? ROTFLMAO
On Sep 9, 11:54 am, BaltimoreSux <Fuck Baltim...@baltimore-is-a- shithole.com> wrote:

OSAMA: We must attack America's infrastructure RIGHT NOW....before it crumbles on it's own.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

He should start with Crackmore!

You're too stupid to live.

Did your head manage to get unstuck first? Doubtful.

You ass everything.
Seth

Seth not only are you a liar but you are a Sheep-Shagging Cock-Blocking Moron
I figured you would pick right up on the Crackmoron venacular. Now "axe" me something else Nancy Boy.
Speaking of heads, did you get yours out of your boyfriends ass?
Jack wrote:

BBB won't do anything. But your state has a "public utilities commission" or some such similar governmental body that regulates basic phone service. (basic phone service is a "regulated monopoly" most everywhere). File a complaint with them. That will probably get things moving at Verizon.

"federal trade commision" Because its a public utility... also call your county 911 from another phone that works and tell them how long you have been left without a phone.... they don't like holes in their opperation...lol www.ftc.gov/bcp/index.shtml
popa235 wrote:

FTC will not get involved.
Call 911 !!! E gads you'll get a cop showing at the door asking why you did that. it's no emergency sir you are a luser.

No they dont with the cellphone system.

And what infrastructure do you think the cell phone system connects to? Cell sites connect to their host MTSOs, which have trunks to the local ILEC (Verizon, in this case) or a carrier (which could also be Verizon/MCI) in this case.