Thank You, Lowe's

I've had a lot of fun over the years. Each time a new _BOSS_ transferred in. If he liked to bowl, the employees bought bowling balls. If the boss played volleyball; everyone just had to attend. These folks transformed into what ever this boss was..
So; one day I asked, "what are you going to do if the person is a homosexual?"

-- Oren
The dozen packs of condoms?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Not good for "Associates" or "Resources" working for Assholes, Pricks or Dush Bags.

I didn't say anything to that effect. Next time you quote something, please be kind enough to attribute it to the correct person.
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 19:02:47 -0700, "Eigenvector"

Sorry. I selected the line out of the middle of your post, and clicked on Reply, but you had quoted someone else. The two > signs instead of one should have made it clear to most people that you hadn't said it.

Stan wrote:

Problem was that the employee was not trained in what to do!
Lou

I figured there was a way out of the programmer's snafu. It's a shame that its up to a low wage cashier to have run interference for a high waged programmer's inadequacies or lack of common sense (common sense meaning that you can't put a shovel in a 1 ft x 1.5 ft plastic bag). But bless the little cashier lady because even though she had probably never attended a day of college and probably never wrote a single line of code in her life, she knew for a fact beyond reproach that you can't get a wide blade coal type shovel with a 5 ft handle on it into a 1 ft x 1.5 ft plastic bag.
BTW and off topic for this thread but informative anyway as far as HD goes... There was a thread on here a while back about how awful the service was at HD. One never could find help and when they did, it was incorrect help. Well, I just read a message on one of the email lists that I participate in where someone found out how to get all the "Associates" in a HD to come running to you as soon as you come in the door and fight over which one gets to help you out... You put a toy poodle in the upper child seat part of the basket and go scooting up and down the isles with the poodle wagging its tail and ready to give a loving lick to all passers-by.
Another message in that same email list from a DIY lady said that she found out that her assistance went up 10 fold when she started taking her 2 year old daughter in the basket.
Well, My dog weighs 80 pounds and is about as ugly as I am and I don't have access to any babies so.......
Regards...
wrote in message

takes the slow checker to ring up your order. I've never had a problem with the grocery store scanners, and only once at HD with an item too large to be put on the bagging unit. In less than 5 seconds an employee was at the machine, punched in a code, and I was out the door.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

(local grocery chain) computer come into my business to spend money.
I have had HD and Fred Meyer employees (real live human beings) come into my business to spend money, however.
So, I boycott the computer operated self service check out aisles.
On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 12:18:58 -0400, "Postal68"

A local _Checkout Line Rant_.
Miggy is about to go postal, but she has some tips.
Not just HD, and Lowes, she nails most all checkout lines.
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/rnr/354334670.html
-- Oren

Do you mean the screen door hook type with the spring to lock the hook into the eyebolt?
I know I saw those somewhere recently
I know for sure that I saw the hardware they used at the top to hang them from and I think those were at Lowes. Here is a picture: http://www.rejuvenation.com/typepageStorm%20Sash/templates/houseparts_group.html
Check the aisle where the door and window parts are sold and also check the hardware isle where all the stuff is stored in drawers.
Colbyt
Colbyt wrote: ...

Damn it's hard pulling the cart along while paddling over to that isle, though... (and, yes, I know I carefully snipped the correctly-spelled occurrence) :)
on 6/24/2007 7:54 AM Norminn said the following:

Like these? http://www.doityourself.com/invt/u620286
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

Thanks, but it isn't what I want. What I am thinking of is the kind of latch that is fastened to the trim and snaps over the wood frame of the storm/screen, and the storm/screen is flush with the trim. It has a flat, springy thing that, to release the storm/screen, you pull back from the window end and it snaps back toward the trim. Very old, I think.

IMHO, business cycles cause companies, and their services to cycle. Right now Lowes seems to have the happiest, helpful employees compared to HD.
tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com
HD is in trouble because they hired someone from GE to be the big boss a while back and he fired all the experienced help to save money and raise the stock price. It worked for a while. Now he is fired.

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 18:41:47 GMT, "Art"

But mand he must be rolling in the money if he exercised his stock options. ;)
GJ

I have bad legs..(2 major operations since Christmas ) .so honestly I just can not walk all over the store to find 3 or 4 l items, then walk out to my vehicle without stopping to let my leg muscles some O2 ..
.SO I use their Handicapped scooters...
Home Depot .. .Lucky to get scooter and luckier if it works Lowes Normally not a problem finding one at the Door..
Guess where I shop ...?
Bob G. .
It's amazing how fast a thread can get hijacked....
Is this what you need?
http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com /(s3u2uwudakxhsra2sibxjn55)/ProductDetails.aspx?sourceeoutlet&SKUR99680
Any Ace Hardware will have, or can get it for you. If they don't have this item ask for 50506. It's the same item, just a different manufacturer.

toolguy wrote:

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com /(s3u2uwudakxhsra2sibxjn55)/ProductDetails.aspx?sourceeoutlet&SKUR99680
thingy. No, this isn't it, but thanks very much for trying. The thingy I want is much flatter, no visible spring, and as far as I know was used only for old wood storms and screens.....two thingys at the top to hang them and then just snap shut the thingys on the sides to hold them flat. Is the plural of "thingy" thingys or thingies? :o)