Tension post storage system

Trying to put together a storage system where the shelves and drawers are hung on different elevations on tension posts on either sides. Similiar to this:
http://www.ikea-usa.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId 101&storeId&langId=-1&productId#082
However, the place I want to erect this system is not along where I have a ceiling joists, so it is just drywall ceiling there. Question is, will it work with just drywall on top? There is a nut at the base I can turn clockwise to tighten the fit, and the top portion has holes where I can screw the top "shoe" into the ceiling. But will it hold? I tried one and it seems to be very sturdy, but something tells me this is just wishful thinking.
orangetrader wrote:

http://www.ikea-usa.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId 101&storeId&langId=-1&productId#082
It might work. It likely will work. It might not work.
I don't like those things myself, but if I were to put one in; if possible I would add structural support above the drywall.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

http://www.ikea-usa.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId 101&storeId&langId=-1&productId#082
It should be possible to put a board up that bridges two joists. Even if it has to go just against drywall a good wide board will spread the load.
Harry K