Temporary bathroom floor material?

I need something to use, between the time I tear out the old carpet, and replace the floor with something new.
I'm thinking of thin vinyl tile, and removing it with a heat gun in a few months. Any ideas on how I can work this, in such a way that doesn't make the repair of the subfloor any worse, or harder? I'm thinking of throwing a quick coat of primer on the wood subfloor first.

Why not look for some old rugs that you can wash. I would not go to the trouble to install tile just to rip it out again.

problems with damaged underlayment. So, that's exactly what I did - I've got a couple of large bath rugs that cover the bare wood on the floor. Granted, it's a smallish bathroom - 4' X 8' open floor space - but I'd bet you could find something similar that would do until you can get the floor done the way you want it.
BTW - we're back at it this weekend, and by next weekend (only have weekends to do this) we should have a new tile floor in the bathroom. Then on to the next room to renovate.......

I'd go with the rug idea, too, but if the OP doesn't want rugs or carpet I would suggest the cheapest peel 'n stick tile. It's cheap enough for a few month's investment, and they don't usually stick well enough to be problem to remove later. I doubt he'd need a heat gun.
Wayne

Yeah, kinda a pathological aversion to carpet around a potty, from years of experience.
I didn't think about washable rugs, though, that would be fairly easy. As would the tile, thanks all.
Who the heck puts carpet in a bathroom? (Rhetorical question, no answer needed)
John Hines wrote:

Indoor/outdoor carpet is inexpensive and not bad looking. Why not just use that - simple to install and to remove.

Looks are not the problem, it is cleaning, I'd like to be able to mop up or clean with a wet rag.