Temporary floor

Having installed appropriate joists in the 30 sq m half of my first
floor that didn't have them, I now want to put down a temporary floor
on which I - and the joiner who will build my dormers - can work, to
complete this part of my renovation. I want to lay loft board or
similar, to avoid dirtying and damaging the pitch pine floorboards
that I have stacked in the garage, that will be the finished floor.
Does anyone have an opinion on the cheapest way to create such a
temporary floor, that will be strong enough? The joists span 3.5m to
each side of a dividing wall, and are at 400mm (ish) centres.
Regards
Richard
Reply to
geraldthehamster
Few sheets of the cheapest 18mm board at your timber merchants (probably spruce ply or OSB/stirling board both around =A320/sheet). You probably only need to sheet the walkways and main work areas, not every inch - and you'll find plenty of re-uses for a few odd sheets later.
Reply to
dom
I used 18mm ply when doing similar work then turned it over and used it to board out the loft space for storage
Tony
Reply to
TMC
Thanks - I don't call 20 quid a sheet cheap though. I'm interested in cheap cheap ;-)
I can re-use some of the flooring (loft boards) that I took up, but some of it is a bit precarious...
Regards Richard
Reply to
geraldthehamster

Site Timeline Threads