Tankless Water Heater

Hi,

Do you guys have any experience with this kind of tankless water heater? It is pretty popular in other countries but not in the America. It is not cheap here either.

Reply to
Tom

Do you guys have any experience with this kind of tankless water heater? It is pretty popular in other countries but not in the America. It is not cheap here either.

Reply to
Bob

I have a gas Bosch and have had no probems, If you want to save on utilities get a tankless. Just because Bob had problems is not reflective of tankless. Did Bob ever have a bad car, does Bob still drive today.

Reply to
m Ransley

I experienced one in Puerto Rico, and it worked fine. But, the water from the tap in this neighborhood was lukewarm to begin with, no matter how long we ran it, so the water heater didn't need to work very hard.

Do you guys have any experience with this kind of tankless water heater? It is pretty popular in other countries but not in the America. It is not cheap here either.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Hi Bob, What were the major complaints? I've been thinking about installing one at our cabin. The cabin is used infrequently, there is quite a long wait for the electric water heater to warm up, and I don't want to leave it running for weeks when no one is there.

I'm doubting whether it's worth it.

thanks

Reply to
Rastus

The person I installed it for insisted on an electric one, and then complained about it. I didn't comment about experiences you (or anyone else) had, only the experience I had.

Reply to
Bob

Look into Bosch, Takagi or Rinnai, efficiencies go to 94% and energy factors of 90+ the best Sears for example gas tank is only 63 energy factor. Takagi and Rinnai make commercial grade units also with remote thermostats, I have a small 112000 btu Bosch and it heats 35f incomming for a hot shower not even set to high. You will save alot with a Ng tankless, I save 25 a month over electric tank.

Reply to
m Ransley

Basically, the water just didn't get hot enough, but as I said previously, it was electric.

Storage type water heaters are rated by their 'recovery rate'. This is how fast they can raise the water temperature 90 degrees. (A theoretical incoming cold water temp of 50 degrees, up to 140 deg. F.) A 240 volt 4500 watt electric water heater takes 2 hours to heat 40 gallons of water. A 40 gallon gas water heater is about twice as fast (depending on the firing rate).

Reply to
Bob

Were you in Ceiba or Fjardo?

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Reply to
lwhaley22000

Yauco - a little bit West of Ponce.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Jimi Hendrix

Been to Ponce. Pretty place.

One day I'll get back there. Been since 1979.....

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

If you haven't been to Rincon either, put that on your list. Amazing place. Get a room at Casa Isleña.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

What happen when the calcium build up over time in the tube? Can we open it up and change the tube?

Do you guys have any experience with this kind of tankless water heater? It is pretty popular in other countries but not in the America. It is not cheap here either.

Reply to
Tom

Only thing holding me back is the simultanious need to replace most of the gas piping in my house so that I can get enough fuel to the fire. An additional expense tipping the ROI out of favor. Perhaps I will have the guts to DIY that someday.

Reply to
PipeDown

Keeping a tank hot with no water usage takes $25/month? :-)

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

Two story house?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I should've asked a better question: Do these units need to be located right at the place where they're used? If no, and they can go in the basement, why would the piping be so expensive? Your heating contractor can install it, and based on my experience, they're usually cheaper than plumbers.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Been there. I lived in Ceiba for a year while trying to figure out what college I wanted to go to. After a year of basically being a beach bum during the day, bartender at night, and blackjack player (at the El Conquistador) til daylight, my parents said to "pick a school and go because you aren't staying here". Ah, but it was fun while it lasted.....

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab