Supporting wall, how can

J > There's this wall in my cottage that is covered in plasterboard but the J > wall itself is made of 2x2 timber posts. Could this be a supporting J > wall ?
I'm thinking not but won't say no for certain without additional information. 2x2 seems under the standard: usually walls use 2x4's where load-bearing or not. 2x2's may have been used to create a wall after your cottage was built: someone divided a huge room. If this wall does not have any electrical in it may be a clue.
Load-bearing walls are usually in the center, running the length of the building. There can be minor interruptions: we have a pass- through to get into the Living Room. In the basement the support posts are under this wall.
- » barry.martin■AT■ «
* Buy ladders longer than you think you'll need.
■ RoseReader 2.52ß P003186
■ The Safe BBS ■ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971