SUPPORTING WALL OR NOT?

My 1930's chalet house has had an extension built into the original roof the structure of which was built with timber. There is a small 'alcove' in one of the 3 rooms of this extension which consists of a wall protruding roughly 3 feet and 3 feet away from the main wall into which a shower unit has been fitted. My question is, bearing in mind the whole extension is timber framed, how likely is it that the removal of this protruding wall will affect the support of the extension.

Reply to
Steve Barnes

Surely without an architects plan or inspection that is an un-answerable question...

Reply to
Jerry.

I'm not sure that the answer to 'how likely' is that relevant, the question is does it or doesnt it.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

You need to access the space above the wall and see if anything is resting on the wall. It sounds from this that you need to get intot the loft.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper