Stone coated steel roofing

I'm about to have my 18 year old roofing shakes torn off and replaced with Gerard stone coated steel roofing panels. Has anyone any advice regarding this work on a 5:12 hip roof. I think they'll use Layfast underlayment and add 1 1/2" foil faced fiberglass insulation between the battens. Any ideas or opinions would be welcome.
Chuck
Chuck Olson wrote:

Looks like an interesting roofing material. Should be great if installed correctly.
Your contract should include a specification for the underlayment system. Layfast is a good product (about a 70 lb inorganic fiberglass inorganic sheet - much better than felt). The insulation is required as part of the installation spec. Considering that this roof could last for 50 years, I'd be inclined to put down two plys of Layfast. Use non-ferrous metal in the valleys (copper, or even galvalume) and insure the valley metal is completely covered by the underlayment.
You might want to look over the ICC and Miami-Dade Product Approval specs for this product just to see if there is information in there that is of use to you.
http://www.icc-es.org/reports/pdf_files/NES/NER-423.pdf
http://www.miamidade.gov/buildingcode/library/productcontrol/noa/01060501.pdf
HTH.
Chuck Olson wrote:

take a look at decra.com by tasman. we had the shingles put down over gaf metal-mate. they put the metal-mate over the entire roof before the shingles. it is the same as ice guard i think except it has a metal top.