Still trying: Where can I get 1/4" solid rubber tubing (no holes)?

Here is a picture of the closest I can find in the hardware stores:

What I need is rubber 1/4" tubing with no holes (a long cylinder).
Any ideas where to get a solid 1/4" round rubber tubular gasket about 2 or 3 feet long?

look instead for rubber ROD

McMaster Carr
http://www.mcmaster.com/#rubber/=hwo0tz
On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 18:03:28 -0400, Meanie wrote:
Interesting. I've been looking all wrong.
I found pull through plugs (which might work): http://www.mcmaster.com/#pull-through-plugs/=hxmh42
And, I found tapered plugs: http://www.mcmaster.com/#rubber-stoppers/=hxm1ts
So now I'm looking through the possibilities.
Tubing has a hole in the center.
If there's no hole, it's a rod, or something other than a tube.
Make up your mind.
Here is a picture of the closest I can find in the hardware stores:

What I need is rubber 1/4" tubing with no holes (a long cylinder).
Any ideas where to get a solid 1/4" round rubber tubular gasket about 2 or 3 feet long?
On Sat, 9 Jun 2012 21:20:59 +0000 (UTC), "Arklin K."

as tubing, by definition, is hollow and open at both ends.
I believe backer rod is what you are looking for - it is availavle in open cell, closed cell, soft and firm, among other variants. Check the Borg.
On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 22:13:47 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-rubber-cords/=hws47u
Nine different materials available.
On Sat, 9 Jun 2012 21:20:59 +0000 (UTC), "Arklin K."

Check with McMaster Carr . Look at their O-ring section. Yoy can get a length as long as you want.
AutoZone, O'Rielly's, Pepboys... any automotive outlet has air lines, gas/fuel lines, etc., ..... thick walled rubber hoses with as little as 1/8" hole in the tubing.
Sonny