sticking storm door pushb

H > I have a 2" thick steel storm door that needed the handle replaced (I bough
H > a "National" pushbutton latch). When I tighten everything up, the button H > sticks so that when you push it in, it doesn't push back out. When it is H > assembled together (off the door), it works fine.... any ideas / tips H > /comments / suggestions?
One respondant mentioned flimsiness; it is also possible when the new latch is in position something is rubbing against the door's frame (the cutout for the handle assembly is too small. If the latch works properly when the screws are finger-tight but starts sticking as you tighten the screws it's probably flimsiness.
- » barry.martin■AT■ «
* Modern Chineese: Your body odor is offensive......... Yu Stin Ki Pu
■ RoseReader 2.52ß P003186
■ The Safe BBS ■ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971