stapler/nailer recommendations/quesions

I am interested in purchasing a stapler/nailer for light work around the house: - There seems to be consensus regarding nailers that the air units are best and that the electric are a waste of money. Any view to the contrary. - Are there and preferred brands or brand to stay away from basis first hand experience? Thanks in advance.

True
Nope
Amy of the major brads will work well for a long time, People seem to have favorites, but I'd look for a nail gun compressor combo for a good deal. Porter Cable and bostitch both offer them.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Bostitch.

I sort of old fashioned. I have an Arrow, T-50 Heavy duty with Brad Nail option.
This i found to be pretty tough and reliable. Have been using it for about two years now.
All the best, Mike.
nospamplse" <"dryearwood(nospamplse) wrote:

You can get started with a brad/staple nailer from Harbor Freight for $20. Swell for light duty jobs such as molding and baseboards.
I've got a small construction project pending (a shed), so I stepped up to their framing nailer. 3 1/2 nail into a 4x4 is impressive.
I am using the small stapler/nailer combo from sears, and am very happy with it. lightweight 1 gal compressor (quiet too) that has enough to run my PC finish nailer. About $150.

I have been wanting one for a long time. I actually developed the need for one, doing a remodel, and me doing the doors, casings, and baseboards.
I went to the local pawn shop, and they had a like new Porter Cable 1" to 2 1/2" finish nailgun. I got it for $75, and the same thing is $179 at the Borg. After one day using it, I'm sold. I am going to build lots of things I have been putting off because of lack of tools. I now have a table saw, compound miter, and this nailer. A jointer planer is about all I could want to finish it out and build things RIGHT.
They're like any other tool. Once you get it, you will find work for it. They sure help do the work faster and better. No split molding, no predrilling, no nail setting. I love it.
Steve