Stainless steel kitchen backsplash?

Seems like these are the current trend. Anyone here with recent experience? Do you custom order them online and have them shipped to you rolled up in a tube? Thanks.

Reply to
Davej

Generally you have them made by a local fabricator and delivered on his truck. This is standard institutional kitchen equipment.

Reply to
clare

I bought the one rolled up in the tube. Watch out when you cut the tape.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I had found this site. Not sure what thickness is adequate and yet easily shipped in a roll.

Davej

Look up 'sheet metal shops' in the yellow pages. Pick one nearby and take your sketches along. The shop foreman can advise you on metal gages, etc. When I needed a backslpash for our range, the lads in the shop cut it out, notched a couple of corners and beveled the edge while I waited, all for a few bucks over the metal price. IMO. beats the hazards of online and shippng problems. You can probably take the artifact home in your SUV unless the geometry of it is not cooperative. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I know of one person with a stainless kitchen they say they dont like it, any time anything is touched it must be cleaned, any water splash will likely show a stain.

Reply to
ransley

If you get brushed stainless this is not a problem and cleanup is a snap. I have stainless counter around the cook top and sink with a lift out maple work surface. It works great.

Reply to
gfretwell

On Tue 13 Jan 2009 12:52:49p, ransley told us...

Now you know two. I would have a SS kitchen if it was given to me. What a nightmare to keep it looking sharp.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright