Stainless sink refinishing

How can I take out scratches or other imperfections in a stainless steel sink. No dents, just surface stuff.
Charlie
Use steel wool. Does anyone remember the Delorean cars from the early 1980s? They were stainless steel and instead of waxing, you steel-wooled them.
Vin - Old gold claims and mining district maps on-line at http://MenotomyMaps.com
On Feb 28, 1:25 pm, "Charlie Bress" <Here-I-am-at-the-last-moment.com> wrote:

OldRoads wrote:

I suggest if you are going that way, use a stainless steel wool pad as the other ones could end up as rust.
The trick is to find the right grade of the stuff. Sinks come in various finishes some with more shine some less.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
"Charlie Bress" <Here-I-am-at-the-last-moment.com> wrote in message

Cleanser and elbow grease.

Bar Keeper's Friend cleanser.
"Charlie Bress" <Here-I-am-at-the-last-moment.com> wrote in

use a VS-drill and a surfacing wheel,like a flexible disc sanding attachment.
Harbor Freight has a surfacing kit that has two such wheels (2" and 3" dia.)and a variety of abrasive fiber discs(like Scotch-Brite pads) that would be perfect for resurfacing your sink,about $12 USD,IIRC.
Then finish up with a buffing pad and some compound.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I used a wire wheel. It was a thinner guage double bowl that I was going to replace soon with a thicker $500 sink, but I liked the swirl finish I ended up with, so I'm keeping it for now. Surprisingly, no rust even after going to town with the wire wheel. Nearly everything that is claimed to be "stainless" these days seems to get rust stains.