stackable washer/dryers

I am wondering about stackable dryer/washer combinations. The chances of BOTH appliances needing replacement is slim. That means you may need to replace the washer but keep the dryer, and the new washer may be a different design. Will an old dryer stack safely on any "stackable" washer? That is, are these standard fittings and sizes of all stackable brands?

ALL brands...LOL..I doubt it..Even the same brand it is probably unlikely after 10 years or so...Call the manufacturer of the brand you're considering....That's the only way to really tell and even then nobody can predict the future with any certainty.....

Nope. They are all different. Plan on fixing them until the cost of fixing one is not worth it. Typically most people replace them both at once, stacked or not, anyway.

When I was in appliance repair I hated them. Harder to move out, more connections to undo and redo. Epically (spelling?) the ones installed in a hall closet. Just not my favorite. ww
WW wrote:

Whenever I build a computer for someone, I install a free version of "WordWeb" along with anti-virus and anti-malware software. I highly recommend it for anyone along with the spell checkers for Firefox and Thunderbird. Eye caynt spel sumtymes neether.
http://wordweb.info/free /
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

And you must be really smart because you give this reply to the previous post.
Bob F wrote:

Yup I thank sow.
TDD