Spot Cleaning Carpet

I have pets that have thrown up on my carpet in a few spots and I can't get them really clean. Any suggestions of a product I might try? Thanks a lot. Pat

Reply to
Patscga

it might not be the dirt??? it might be the acid in the vomit is what discolored the carpet.. the acid might have burned the carpet???? stomach acids are pretty powerful stuff and this is what might have happened???

Reply to
jim

Spot Shot works for lighter carpets. I'd be afraid to try it on dark carpets. Oxyclean works without the chemical smell, but I don't use it as much. My dog surprises me with huge bright yellow puddles of vomit on my off white carpet, so I can vouch that these two products, along with an initial vacuuming with my Bissel Little Green machine, erase the evidence. Lucky for the dog. >:-<

-Oldy

Reply to
Oldylocks

Pat,

The stomach contains acids and enzymes which may have damaged the dyes of your carpet. If that has happened you will not be able to remove these "stains". But let's hope for the best. Try Resolve carpet cleaner as a spot cleaner. Try shampooing the carpet and follow the directions on the shampoo for spot cleaning. Go to the pet store and look at the products for stains and smells.

Good luck, Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

apply a 50/50 mix of non sudsy ammonia and hydrogen peroxide. place a plastic sandwich bag over it ( after you have applied it ) and allow it to work that way over night.

Reply to
FH

Go to this link for carpet cleaning

Charlie Bress