spilled chemicals in backup freezer

I made the mistake of putting some extra ortho rose pride (chemical to treat rose plants) in a dixie cup on top of a backup refigerator/freezer. It ate through the dixie cup and spilled into the freezer. I tried cleaning it with acetone and still have the stain from the dixie cup that won't rub out.
I'm leaning towards getting rid of the freezer from what has been done to it, but I'd like to try cleaning the freezer regardless. Any suggestions what could possibly clean the freezer?

Plastic lining? Some plastics will stain not matter how well they are cleaned. It should not cause any problems though as long as you got the chemical residue out. Acetone may be making the problem worse, depending on the material. A good scrubbing would do.

You would replace an otherwise okay freezer because of a stain?!
No, I would replace a productive freezer if there were chemicals that could make someone sick. If you don't have anything productive to add to the string, don't waste anyone's time.

Oo, you are a tough one!

Joe wrote:

Is it smooth metal? Just sand down the top and get some appliance epoxy in a spray can at your friendly local hardware store. They generally have white, almond, and black, although I have not seen avocado or harvest gold :)
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

I'm thinking people are missing that you spilled the chemical INTO the freezer, not on it.
You probably could still sand the affected area and then coat it with epoxy, though, although the thing is going to be out of service until the epoxy cures. You'll probably have to call the manufacturer to find out what kind of plastic the liner is, though.