Speed Demons

Page 1 of 2
At the entrance to my neighborhood is a dangerous intersection. Folks come flying around the corner at 30 MPH or so. I live one street into the neighborhood. I almost get slammed regularly cause folks come flying into the neighborhood, whip around the corner. I nearly bought it today, someone came flying in. Of course, since it's around the corner I can't see them coming.
I stomped on the brakes, hard pack snow, and slid a foot. We missed each other, fortunately. But it got me thinking.
What would be good and slippery to pour on that interesection? I mean, the main street is level, and the side street slopes down gently. Wouldn't take much to make folks go off the road and into the yard. I think there is also a big rock (about four feet tall) at that intersection.
Would cooking oil do the trick? How about "mineral oil" or baby oil? Seems like there oughta be something that would work, and would be biodegradable.
--

Christopher A. Young
This space intentionally left blank
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I would tell you but that would make me not only stupid, but a co-conspirator to cause bodily harm.
Former Mormon
Please?
--

Christopher A. Young
This space intentionally left blank
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Get another wife to help work out your frustrations.
About $800 worth of AstroGlide. Will not stain. The prohets will be proud of you. Jesus, too. -B

someone
take
also
biodegradable.
Sounds good. How about post your CC and expiration for me?
--

Christopher A. Young
This space intentionally left blank

blah, blah, blah.....I'm pissed off.....

I think your signature sums up this thought....
    Christopher A. Young     This space intentionally left blank
Couldn't have said it better.....
Mike wrote:

Ba Da Boom
=> Stormin Mormon <= wrote:> {nothing of importance}
Did Jesus tell you to murder people?
--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email
Yep, it's right in the Book of Doruenwlerje.
--

Christopher A. Young
This space intentionally left blank
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Is this some sort of new teaching of the Mormon Church, kill thy fellow man?
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

or maybe wreckless endangerment, homicide, etc.
Wreckless endangerment is no fun. You gatta make em wreck.
--

Christopher A. Young
This space intentionally left blank
no thank you
consider anger management counseling before you hurt someone

Yep, it's right in the Book of Doruenwlerje.
--

Christopher A. Young
This space intentionally left blank
Creating a hazard of any kind is not a good idea. When you back out of your driveway make sure your lights are on and remove anything that is blocking your view. Keep your distance, be aware.

Is there a fire hydrant nearby?
Mormon=Utah?..........Cold weather,..........doesn't dihydrogen monoxide freeze in your area?
Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply
MUADIB
Why go through all the trouble of oil slicks and other goop.....just shoot the speeding bastards.......spare the slow ones...

Jim M wrote:

In Los Angeles, we do it the other way around. ;)
How about reporting it to the Police Dept so they can send a squad car out to monitor that intersection ? You dont go round taking the law into your own hands...regardless of whether its written in a fallacious book or not.