Solar Screens in Winter

I had solar screens installed this past summer to limit the heat penetrating through my windows. They did a pretty good job. Now I'm wondering what the trade-offs are for leaving them on or taking them off for the winter season. Would they be better left on to help limit the north wind and cold air hitting the windows or taken off to allow more sunlight and heat to hit the windows? There would be a much longer period of no sun hitting the windows than sun hitting them. I live in Central Texas, so the winters are not that bad. Anyone have any opinions on this situation? Thanks!
Jim wrote:

Just a SWAG but I'd l
East off West off North on South off
I doubt that screens would help much for wind......you could make "fake" storm windows by taping clear plastic to tinside of the screens
but what about rug, drapes & furinture fade?
cheers Bob

Bob, Thanks! I'll try that. They do hold the wind back some, though. I've noticed that when I've opened the windows lately. My standard screens let more breeze and light through. The solar screens are a much tighter mesh. Jim