Snowblower

My snowblower uses part gas and part oil mix.
I always put stabilizer in it during the summer months, as I leave a little gas in the tank. I guess this keeps the tank from rusting.
Today, I was told this is not a good thing to do as it is a mixture. The guy said if it was straight gas, then stabilizier would be fine.
Is this true?
Thanks.
Corinne

It's fine for 2-stroke pre-mixed gas, as well as straight gas.
http://www.goldeagle.com/sta-bil/faqs_stabil_detail.asp?product=sta-bil&IDx