"Smart" Meters made them sick

Page 5 of 13

wrote:> harry

The problem with that argument is that war has been a continuous and ongoing process in the Middle-East ever since Mohammed got started. The US, Israel, or even your boogie-man neo-cons had nothing to do with it. Learn some history instead of spouting some ignorant ideological cant
On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:10:07 -0600, "Attila Iskander"

I know plenty of history. This particular problem started when we allowed displaced European Jews to occupy Palestinian territory after WWII instead of just making the Germans and French give them their property back ... and maybe a little more. Unfortunately that would not have helped us pacify Germany. I believe they did owe the Jews massive reparations but we did not make the Germans pay, we made the Palestinians pay and they have been paying more and more every year since.
The new settlements on the West Bank are a threat to world peace and it is just a matter of time before it spins out of control. It certainly does not help that we are quickly losing all the North African dictators who we have been paying off for a half century to ignore it. When the Muslim Brotherhood takes over Syria, Jordan and the Emirates it is, game over.
All it would really take is for them to forge an alliance with China, for the oil, and the west would be powerless to stop them if they wanted to kick the Israelis off the west bank ... unless we really had WW<pick a number>. It would be an economic war, a war we lose. China can crush us by simply redeeming their bonds instead of rolling them over. Of course China could drive up interest rates by simply trying to sell our debt, making US bonds a glut on the market. How much quantitative easing (buying up un sellable bonds with printed money) can we stand before we see rampant inflation?
On Feb 19, 12:23 am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

oing

it.

Aha. We agree on something. You are entirely correct. And both parties are nuclear armed.

# # Aha. We agree on something. You are entirely correct. # And both parties are nuclear armed.
LOL If you needed proof that your theory is wrong You just got it.. <snicker>
On Feb 18, 7:23 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

oing

it.

Who exactly is this "we"? You make it sound like Palestine was a peaceful place where everyone was getting along just fine until some Jews from post WWII Europe showed up. The region had been in conflict for a long time. While it's true there was a large additional migration of Jews there after WWII, Jews had already been migrating their for decades prior. And the area was in conflict, as far back as WWII and after, when under British rule. The Palestinians were fighting the British, the Jews, etc. To be sure, the arrival of more Jews didn't help, but it's incorrect to trace the origins of the problem to the aftermath of WWII

Again, who is this "we"? It was Russia that proposed the resolution in the UN for Israeli statehood.

I agree that the one thing that Isarel is doing that isn't helfpful is building more settlements. But if you compare that to the Palestinian position, which has been and continues to be that Israel doesn't have a right to exist, it's not the major problem.

Which seems to indicate that you recognize which side in this conflict is really the loons.....

The oil market is fungible. Jordan and Syria don't have oil that amounts to anything. The UAE is a very westernized and wealthy country. The chance of nut case Muslims taking it over isn't likely. Even if they did, the rest of the scenario makes no sense.

I don't know, but we seem to be doing that right now, without regard to what China does or doesn't do. There would be severe repercussions for China if they ever attempted such a thing. We are their largest trading partner and they would be killing the value of their own investiment in the process. For what, again exactly? To help the Palestinians? Like China gives a rat's ass?
On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 11:14:29 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

OK by me if they insist on continuing their expansion.
On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 15:31:15 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

"They" wouldn't have expanded at all if *they* hadn't been attacked. (Losing a) War has consequences.
On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:52:35 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Bullshit. These are just European aggressors on the final crusade.
When the world demands an end to apartheid and real elections in Palestine, they might just get voted out of power.
On Feb 20, 2:09 am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Real elections? Who is denying the Palestinians the right to real elections? They had elections and they chose Hamas, did they not? And that was after Israel unilaterally withdrew from Gaza. So, Israel made a big concession which could have been a step towards a lasting peace and it was met by the Palestinians electing those that call for the destruction of Israel. That and then using Gaza to launch rockets into Israel. Funny how you see Israel building some more houses as a big deal, but don't seem to recognize what the Palestinians are doing that is 100X worse.
On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 04:43:39 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

The west bank?

They want their land back. You know, the illegally occupied land. I wonder what the USA would do if Mexico occupied Texas.
On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 02:09:21 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

It's no bullshit. Perhaps you should study some history instead of lying.

<snipped - No need to discuss anything with an anti-Semitic bigot<
On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 12:40:10 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

As Hagel was educated about last week, There is a big difference between the Israelis and Jews in general.
On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 14:46:03 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

For you Jew haters, there is no difference. Disgusting!
On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 18:06:48 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Not true at all. The most fervent neocons are Christians.
BTW I am going to have a first hand report about exactly what is going on in the West bank next month. My father in law is off on a 3 week Bible study pilgrimage to all of the holy sites. Most are on the West Bank.
On Feb 21, 1:27 am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

You should go yourself. You should also advise him to wear a (Canadian) maple leaf. So folks don't think he is from the US. Lots of people hate USAians. Even Brits can't tell the difference between the accents. And lodge with Arabs, much nicer people in my experience.
So you see Canada IS useful.
On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 01:11:20 -0800 (PST), harry

Two Jew haters. Nothing new from you, harry.

They're keeping your butt buddy, HomoGay, so sure, there is a use for Canuckistan.
On Feb 22, 12:50 am, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

They are the root of all the problems in the ME.

# # They (Jews) are the root of all the problems in the ME. #
Maybe in the minds of fascists like you.. But do explain to us how Jews are the problem in EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY that has muslims and strife ? Just to name a few.. Mali ? Tunisia ? Algeria ? Indonesia ? Iran ? Afghanistan ? And many of those countries have NO JEWS AT ALL, since they have been driven out or killed by the muslims there.
On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:52:16 -0600, "Attila Iskander"

The antisemitic asshole just doesn't want to admit that it was the UK that screwed the whole area up.