Small hole in grout (Shower stall) HELP..

Recently I cleaned my shower stall and discovered some small holes in the grout on tile floor (need to look very closely). Do I need to fix them? There hasn't been any leaking yet, but I am worried. My house is new about 6 months old... do I need to fix it? or is it something normal to new houses?? There are about 7-8 holes, they are very small but certainly water can get in..
If so, how to fix it? do I need to re-grout the whole floor? or can I just use caulking to fill the holes?
if the house is new contact the builder most houses have 1 yr warranty let them fix it and document so in case you have a problem later on you can refer back to the original problem
Wayne

I just want to learn more, would anyone please give me some directions and analysis to the problem. Ignore my house is being new, please. thanks..

ChInKPoInt [No MCSD] wrote:

I would...
1. chip out a little more grout around them to be sure there isn't a larger void underneath.
2. Re-grout (same color)
3. Re-seal
Keep in mind that the tile and grout aren't what is making your shower water tight - it is the membrane *under* the tile.
dadiOH's dandies v3.05... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico

What membrane? The tile in my new shower is being glued to the cement board backer, then will be grouted. There isn't any membrane involved.

Sorry, the membrane is in the floor pan, where I use a plastic one.
I don't even know there is a membrane under the tile. Thanks a lot. I just found a web site gives you illustration of shower pan (pretty helpful in learning about this for newbie like me): http://www.taunton.com/finehomebuilding/pages/h00125.asp
I do have a question though: Although membrane keep the shower water tight, but under normal condition, water shouldn't get through the tile/grout, right? please correct me if I am wrong...

Tile, probably not. Unless it is naturally porous. Grout, yes...no cement material is waterproof. However, not much will wick through and the sealer prevents that.