Slippery garage floor

We put down some of the Valspar Garage floor epoxy. The floor is now VERY slippery and we tend to go skating and falling at times. Any suggestions on scuffing it up, or something else?
but what they conceal is vital.
On 01/21/2014 05:25 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

I was once at the house of the man who owns La Quinta Inns.
He had his Jag parked in a carpeted garage.
No slip.
I'd say if you don't want to carpet the garage you should give it a coat of that gritted paint.
Such as: http://www.rustoleum.com/industrial/problem-solvers/anti-slip-coatings-for-slippery-floors/

Thanks
but what they conceal is vital.
On 01/21/2014 06:33 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Ok
don't slip!

Could you ask him why the windows don't open? I can't stay there from spring to fall. I want the windows open.

This will make playing marbles more challenging.
On 01/22/2014 01:04 AM, micky wrote:

He was a friend of my now departed uncle and I never met the owner of the La Quinta. When my cousin got married we were invited to the house by his wife. I did comment of the carpeted garage though and she jjst said that her husband was very particular.
As to having windows open, few if any Hotels or Motels do that anymore. Though part of it may be for energy conservation , I think most of it has to do with safety.
When I was reminiscing about a trip to NY I took in 1966...someone else recalled that the hotel windows could be completely opened.

And what about my safety? I'm forced to sleep with the door open, latched only by that sliding thing that stops it at about 4 inches**. Then I have to try to get the window curtain to cover enough of the opening so that people walking by can't see me in bed in dishabille.
It's a good thing I'm usually alone. I can't imagine most women agreeing to leave the door open like this.
I can't stand the noise of the fan either, in addition to the closed windows. And without the fan, and maybe the AC, it's often too hot.
Maybe I should stay at cheaper motels, from the 50's, where maybe the windows will open. I will have to start looking before I'm actually sleepy.
**If they have the sliding thing. I think once I just left the door open with a rolled-up towell to keep if from closing. I put my valuables in my car and parked the car NOT in front of the room. No one bothered me.

Yes indeed.

On 01/23/2014 01:43 AM, micky wrote:

Just because I said I was at the owner's house once does not mean I have anything to do with the Inn or could I possibly influence the business decisions.

I think it does and you could. I'm holding you responsible. In fact I would have posted earlier, but it took me a few minutes to make a wallet card.
It says, "In case of injury or death in a motel with the door open, blame Philo" and it gives your email address, so they can let you know you've been blamed.
I put it in my wallet next to my organ donation card. Hmmm. I just added to the first card, "And don't give him any of my organs."
Sorry for that last line, but there's a price to be paid for crossing me.
On 01/23/2014 06:38 AM, micky wrote:

OK I'l do this much.
Next time I go there I will make sure the Inn changes it's policies.
Of course there will not be a next time, he was a friend of my uncle and my uncle is a goner.

Okay. I'll tear up my wallet card.

But at least you'll try. That's what counts.

I have the flakes already spread out. They don't seem to be working. K

but what they conceal is vital.
The best winter flooring for a garage is to be found in the dumpsters behind your local carpet retailers.
Old residential carpeting is the ideal flooring for a garage because it's:
a) warm to stand/sit/kneel on when doing auto repairs b) non-slip when wet and even when frozen b) inexpensive (free) to install (just ask for the old carpet and they'll give it to you)
c) protects any concrete paint or concrete finish under the carpet d) absorbs oil spills, ice and snow, water, and engine leaks
I'd just liberate some old residential carpeting from the dumpsters behind your local carpet retailers, and spread that out on your garage floor.
You may want to spend $10 on a roll of double sided carpet tape to hold it in place.
If you replace the old carpet on your garage floor every autumn, you'll always have an attractive garage floor to show off during the summer. The chunks of ice and sand that accumulate behind your wheels won't get embedded into your Valspar paint; they'll just form sand piles on your carpet, and be thrown out whenever you change that carpet.
--
nestork

in case of a gasoline leak inside a attached garage you might be setting the stage for a fire:(
honestly I dont understand why everyone wants a fancy garage floor.....
concrete should be fine, its nearly indestructible, and can get wet or oily without issue
On 01/21/2014 11:50 PM, bob haller wrote:

Yep!
Heck I don't even have a garage at all... just a parking slab.

You could carpet that. Indoor/outdoor.
On 01/23/2014 01:44 AM, micky wrote:

Someone would steal it, even if it had a negative value and I glued it down.

Probably. I've had stuff outside stolen twice. Once it was two broken lawn mowers I was trying to make one good one from. I'd spent hours and neither would start. The other was a bicycle I wanted to get a longer seat post for, but no one sold that diameter in any length. I had the post and the seat in my car, to help me shop. So they have a bike with no seat and would have to write to one of the makers of cheap bikes to get a post.
Kurt Ullman wrote:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&hs=xrg&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=eRzhUvfiBNHMsQTwlYDgCA&ved AoQ_AUoAg&biw80&bih9&q=garage%20floor%20mats or: http://preview.tinyurl.com/lmteom8
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY