Not a good use for duct tape

My wife often complains when I come in the house and put my jacket on a chair near the door. She thinks it should be hung in the closet or she wants to waste money and buy a clothes tree.

I came up with a simple solution. I duct taped my jacket to the wall. She was not impressed.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I bet you didn't use camouflage duct tape.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

That would have made a difference! Thanks for the tip.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Gaffer's tape would have been better. You can remove it with no residue.

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

Heh. I have a coat tree and yet I still hang the coat on a chair if it makes its way into the house. Mostly I keep it in my van. If it's on the chair, I can grab it on my way out. If on a hanger or the coat tree, I'll forget it. I should add hat I rarely wear coats or jackets but I will bring one when it is cold outside.

Reply to
Julie Bove

Did you take it down from the wall with WD?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

  1. Good luck finding space in an entry closet if you are married.
  2. I'll bet everyone who has ever had a clothes tree, had it fall over because it was out of balance.
  3. Before the divorce becomes finalized, drive nails in the wall for all your coats, hats, and gloves. :-)
Reply to
willshak

Women lack a certain sense of humor. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That tape won't pull the paint off the wall either. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas