size of pipe to shower riser?

I am roughing-in a shower. I have 1/2" pex to the diverter. If I put a large pipe on the riser (diverter to shower head, that is) is that a problem? I was planning on putting in 3/4 copper on the riser from the diverter.
Thanks,
mh

Use what fits. Won't be a hindrance, won't be an advantage. The shower head is the controlling factor.

1/2 is good enough,no harm from 3/4 if that's what you have. I bet the shower valve is fitted for 1/2

The diverter up to the shower is female 3/4 NPT. So, I could put in a converter to 3/4 copper or 1/2 copper. Does it matter which one I do?
mh

A larger pipe from valve to shower head will very marginally increase the time it takes to change water temperature.
Why 3/4"? I just plumbed my shower with PEX & used 1/2" PEX valve to shower head.....seems to work fine.
New shower heads & valves tend to have some sort of flow limiting features so you really don't need a large pipe to service the flow.
My opinion...in this case smaller is better......shower head is most likely the limiter.
cheers Bob

No, it will make little or no difference. Do whatever is easier/cheaper.
Cheers, Wayne

3/4" will make adjusting the temp slower. You will have to wait longer for each change to reach the shower head.

Yup, a little slower.....about a second or so depending on instantaneous shower head flow rate.
cheers Bob

Yup, a little slower.....about a second or so depending on instantaneous shower head flow rate.
Since "low flow" shower heads are almost standard these days......