Sink Bowl removal

I need to remove a vanity sink bowl from a granite top. The bowl is ceramic and glued to the granite top. The sink is about 16 by 19 inches. Anyone tried/succeeded at a removal like this?
Thanks,
EJ in NJ
On Sat 15 Nov 2008 10:28:52a, Ernie Willson told us...

I assume it is glued to the granite with some form of silastic or silicone sealant. If thats the case, a single edge razor blade inserted between the bowl and the countertop should be able to cut it loose.
--
Wayne Boatwright
Wayne,
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

Oh, thats certainly a horse of a different color. That type of adhesive is pretty strong stuff. I think I would call a granite company and ask their advice. There has to be a method. We just dont know what it is. I presume you dont care about the bowl or if it becomes damaged or broken, but protecting the granite is the main idea.
Best of luck!
On Sat 15 Nov 2008 12:34:19p, Ernie Willson told us...

--
Wayne Boatwright

Not that it addresses your problem but if it's only been there two days why is it coming out? Just curiosity really. Feel free to ignore.
Red Green wrote:

Because it has a cosmetic defect which was unnoticed until after the assembly was glued up.
EJ in NJ

Ahhh...isn't that the way it often is:-(
And no one would ever notice it probably...except for you...everytime you go to the sink. Without even thinking your eyes would instinctively lock on to it.