Simonton Bronze Series Replacement Windows - Opinions?

I'm looking for opionions/reviews of the Simonton Bronze Series replacement windows. Specs can be found here:

A co-worker's client recently retired as a sales rep for a local franchise of Norandex/Reynolds (an Owens Corning affliated business). He said I could drop his name when I asked for a quote from his former employer, so I'm hoping for a decent price.

Based on my conversation with him, he recommended the Simonton Bronze Series for my 1956 basic colonial, where we'll be for the next 5 - 6 years. I'll be doing the installs myself.

BTW I searched for Simonton in this NG and found a few older posts but nothing specific to the Bronze series.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Hi, We had a house built for us about nine years ago. The contractor put in Simonton windows. The house we moved from had been built in the 1910s and had big wood frame double hung windows that could best be described as being drafty. We live in Iowa and get some good cold, stiff winter winds. We looked forward to the new vinyl windows. The windows are the double hung still, but only the lower window opens. We were disappointed in the Simonton windows because they were drafty and let in dust as well. The windows would leak up along each side of the windows. We had a Simonton rep in to look at them a couple of times. He gave us a bunch of pads that were supposed to stop the drafts but fell short. If we had a chance to do it over, we would have opted for a better brand. Good luck!

Ripley

Reply to
Quint 5