Silencing Dishwasher Door Springs

My wife swears that when we moved into the house, the dishwasher door opened and closed silently. Frankly, I don't remember. Two years later, when the dishwasher door is opened or closed, you can hear the springs making an annoying spring stretch sound. The dishwasher is a very new Kenmore (made by Whirlpool). I've removed the access panel, greased the springs in axle grease, lubed all points where they hook, even tried encasing them in a cut piece of bicycle innertube. Nothing works. No matter what I do, I cannot get the door to open and close silently. If anything, I may have made it slightly quieter. But it still makes a sound. In looking at the springs as they stretch when the door is lowered, they seem to rotate ever so slightly as they are stretched. And that's when the sound is generated. They aren't rubbing up against anything that I can tell. The door itself doesn't make a sound, because if I disengage the springs, the door operates silently. So how can I get silent springs? Do they make springs that don't make a sound when stretched?

After 2 years, I would say more like "fairly new".

Have you tried just replacing the springs with new replacements to see it that makes a difference? Maybe the originals have fatigued? I can't see them being that expensive to replace as an experiment.
JMO
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Whirlpool+dishwasher
=~~~~~~

No disrespect to OP or his better half, but if that is the most irritating thing in their lives..... (and yes, I do understand how piddly little things can make you crazy...)
aem sends.....
Hi Chip,
Some of these do this more than others and I'm not 100% sure why. Many of them I see in my travels make the noise you're talking about. I just tried my own '97 Whirlpool here, and the springs're absolutely noiseless.
I always grease the spring hooks. Older machines had little nylon insulators on the hinge connect points and that seemed to work. I always apply a bit of grease to spring hooks before I put them on, mostly to prevent the hooks from breaking. I thought it might help with the noise too, until I carefully reread your post and see you already did that.
I'd probably go with Dan's suggestion and try new ones just for curiosity's sake. They're not that expensive. We get around $8 for the standard 675611 kits. Includes one spring & pass-thru rod/adjuster hook. Check your parts list, or send me your model # and I can look 'em up for you.
I'd be interested in learning how this works out for you, bc I know I'll run into the question again. Please let me know.
--
God bless,

Dave Harnish
What about using a little bit of Slicone lubricant?

later,
Do