side by side doors? one angled.

Kind of a unique set of doorways here that. Looking to put some doors in. Contractor wants to use split jamb doors, but I dont see how that would work. If you look at the photos, the doors are right next to each other, little space between them. I am afraid the trim from a split jamb wont fit. Is it worth trying to carve up the split jamb casing, or do a flat jamb and then custom trim it out?

One door is at an angle to the other too, any suggestions? [image:

wfg97079

Assuming the doors will open so they cannot hit each other when open, why not just two separate doors with their own casings, There is enough room between the two doors to make each one a standard installation. Why make things more complicated than necessary. Just do two normal installations, and one piece of trim to cover whatever space is left between the two casings. Not rocket science unless you want it to be.

Reply to
hrhofmann

For the doors need to open in to the rooms.. Your Contractor will make a custom split jamb doors that will work. From your photos I see this is not your Contractor First Rodeo..

Reply to
Hot-Text