Should I call a repairman? (Freezer)

I recently purchased a frost free Kenmore upright freezer. It replacea a GE manual defrost freezer. The new one makes all sorts of strange noises. Gurgling sounds, a sound that sounds like air coming from a nozzle. And some other sounds. The majority of the sounds come when it just quits running. Believe it or not, I asked the salesman if this is normal. He said he didn't know, he hadn't been around one that was running. It's under warranty, should I schedule a service call??
[...]

Sure, why not. Won't cost ya anything, but you'll either get it fixed or have peace of mind that a tech says it's normal.
-- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /
Sorry about the triple posting! I clicked send, waited longer than usual, figured nothing would happen and clicked again. Same result, clicked the third time and walked away.

Believe it or not? Why would the stores leave all their units plugged in, just to hear what they sound like? What a waste of electricity.
tomkanpa wrote:

Me, if it was doing it's job of keeping the food cold, I'd ingnore it. My wife, would make the call ;) Frank

Frost free units tend to be noisier than manual defrost units (both from the temperature differentials and the water hissing when it hits the defrost heaters). I'd first RTFM -- it should describe roughly what "normal" noises are. If you're still unsure, then by all means get a tech out to look at 'er.
Andy Hill wrote: I'd first RTFM -- it should describe roughly what "normal" noises

The FM doesn't mention F Noises
tomkanpa wrote:

I would call for service and explain your problem . If its normal they may just call you back rather than come out.
Some manuals do mention the extra noise of the defrost cycle.