Sheetrock and doorframes

The sheet rock I've put up is pretty good in corners, and where it meets the floor and ceiling. But because of bad framing (not straight), the studs alongside the door frame result in the sheet rock standing above ("proud") of the frame by anywhere from 1/4 to 3/8 inch.

How do I deal with this? Is there "L" trim that will meet the frame but be cutout behind to allow for the edge of the sheet rock? Or do I shave the rock down and tape/mud it?

I know that proper framing is the fix, but short of tearing the door frame apart, what can I do?

Thanks,

Reply to
DaveC

The back of trim is hollowed out just for this. May not be hollowed out enough and you will play hell trying to miter corners.

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Reply to
dadiOH