Sharpened Chain cuts just fine!

A few weeks ago I posted a question about my cheap chainsaw not cutting. Several of you said the problem was largely a dull chain. I had it sharpened, and while a larger bar would be nice, it cuts pretty good.
I also made a stand to keep the wood being cut out of the dirt; maybe it will stay sharp a while.

Keeping it out of the dirt will definitely help! Also, the type and condition of the wood will affect the chain as well. I find wet wood wears out a chain faster than dry wood. That being said, anytime I use the chainsaw, I sharpen the chain and if I'm running it for more than a few hours, I sharpen during a lunch break as well. Takes only minutes to sharpen and sure makes a difference. It's a good skill to learn and easy as well. Cheers, cc

Biggest mistake beginners make is trying to sharpen with worn out files. Buy a file the proper size and you get maybe a half dozen sharpenings from it and it's done. Make sure to take a stroke or two each time you fuel or oil. Keeping sharp is easier than getting a beat to death chain back in condition.

i prefer electric saws for most jobs. have 4 saws currently. when one gets dull, or saw dropped, or chain comes lose i switch saws and fix things later.
dont want to be mucking about in middle of job fixing saw.