How to do slide in range?

We want to replace our free standing range with slide in. How do you work it if my counter tops are 25 1/4" and the range is 27" or so in depth? I assume it has a lip on each side that sits on the counter-top but then that would stick out past the edge of the counter?

Reply to
gf

Yep

Reply to
RBM

I think you'll find that the total depth might be 27" or so but that is including the oven door and any handles. The door should line up (the back of it) with the front of the cabinet appoximately in order that heat escaping the door won't discolor the cabinets. The cooktop should pretty much line up with the front edge of the countertop. If I remember correctly, the cooktop doesn't always overlap the countertop, the main difference between a slide-in and a free standing is the lack of a control console on the slide-in. I assume you are replacing the countertop also, as, unless you purchase the optional filler for the area where the console normally is, you'll have a gap back there. A drop-in range, however does overlap the countertop and is supported by the countertop and /or a chine on the side of the cabinets or a filler box underneath to support the range. Slide-in sits on the floor like a free standing and usually has a drawer at the bottom...drop-in lacks this and has a cabinet filler strip in the front. Unless they've changed code, the slide-in and free standing both use a range cord with plug while the drop-in is hardwired to a box behind it.

All I can think of,

Tom G.

Reply to
Tom G

snipped-for-privacy@naturalproperties.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

I have a slide in. If mice get in the basement, they sometimes run up the wiring and into the stove and can get into the room. ewwwwwwww.

Reply to
Marina

Download the manufacturer's installation instructions from their website and check out the details.

Reply to
EXT