Sears power tool parts

Page 2 of 2
I am predicting a long thread of mock Chinese names, to follow. There is an old Chinese man who runs a shop. Can't remember his phone number, but you should be able to find him in the phone book.
His name is Nofu Kin Wei.
On a more serious note, sometimes other brand of item can be made to work. Hoover attachments for a Bissel carpet cleaner, for example. I've been looking for a new tip for my 1994 Kenmore carpet cleaner, that I think was made by Bissel. Just impossible to find. A friend of mine borrowed it, and stepped on the ancient, brittle plastic tip and broke it beyond repair. I did find part of such a tip on Ebay, and bought it.

On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 7:18:12 PM UTC-5, Ashton Crusher wrote:

What is the thickness? Could you cut plexi and glass? Glass on the bottom of the sandwich.
On Wed, 7 Aug 2013 04:02:12 -0700 (PDT), Bob_Villa

I stopped by their store and it looks like the shields on the new ones will work (with a couple washers to shim it) IF the parts dept carries them - going to call them tomorrow.
I am extremely fortunate:) My best friend has a machine shop in his basement, with a foundry, he can melt and pour alunimum and brass, south bend lathe, welding if its metal he can do it...
right now he is building a 18 horse power scooter in his basement......
the only trouble he is 81......
On Wednesday, August 7, 2013 7:09:40 AM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:

Not sure how that is a problem...you don't think he's going to last? Count your blessings!
He gets senior discount, while riding his 18 HP scooter in and out of the malls?
On 8/7/2013 8:09 AM, bob haller wrote:

On 8/6/13 7:18 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

The local TruValue store used to get parts for tools. I got parts for my DeWalt drill and maybe a Makita drill also from them. I have no idea if they could get stuff that would fit Craftsman. It's an Ace Hardware now so who knows what they would or could do.
On Wednesday, August 7, 2013 7:13:55 PM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:

If they know their "stuff" they may know who manufactured it for Sears and order the parts that way.

Sears products often have a model number in the form of 123.45678. The first digits represent the source or manufacturer. See <http://sears.pammar.net/maker.html or <http://vintagemachinery.org/craftsman/manufacturers.aspx . If you can find a part number at the Sears PartsDirect website, it is usually the manufacturer's part number. It is possible a part discontinued by Sears, is still available from other sources. <http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/index.action Fred

I got the part number right off the SALES side of the sears website. Plugged it into the Parts side and nothing found. The guy at the store claims the guys at the parts side have a different index and might be able to look it up.

Why look at sears parts website
craftsman parts website @
http://www.craftsman.com/ Services & Info News Service Live < http://www.servicelive.com/ Manage My Life Sears Home Services Product Registration
Assistance View Virtual Catalog Parts & Accessories < http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/brands/Craftsman-Parts?sid=MerchCraftSPDFooter Repairs Warranty Shipping Options Shopping Help Site Map Product Recalls
On Thu, 8 Aug 2013 03:48:43 -0600, "Hot-Text"

That just redirects you to the same sears parts site when you click their parts link.