Sealing stone fireplace?

Folks, We had a mason in to build us a new stone fireplace out of somewhat porous basalt from the columbia gorge in Oregon. We had our nephew in to help us with some other construction, and somehow he splattered what looks like pizza grease all over the hearth. I've tried a bunch of things to lift the stains (soap+H20, dish detergent, Tide, bleach) but no go. Now, I'm disappointed with the stains, but there you have it- it's there. But I don't want to go through this again. Is there a way for us to protect the stone from future stains? Some sort of sealant, maybe?
thanks! skg
windriverfamily wrote:

Find out what the grease was, and stain the entire hearth to match...

us
the
the
dags on poultice+stain