Seal concrete garage drain

I put an 18"x18" hole in my garage when I poured the concrete floor. In the hole, near the top I've got 3" PVC drain pipe. As a separate pour, I put concrete in the bottom of the hole. My plan is to put a PCC elbow, pointing down, so water accumulating in the hole will drain out once it reaches a certain level. Any dirt or stones will sit in the bottom and won't clog the drain. So, basically I've got a recessed 18"x18" concrete hole in my garage that'll hold water until the water is about 2" deep, then it'll drain out.
My question is, how do I seal concrete so it'll hold water? It's below the surface of the floor, under a grate, so I really don't care what it looks like...I just want it to be water tight. What's the best product to use? Is there some way to "rubberize" it?
AtDhVaAnNkCsE (thanks in advance)
-Steve
Steve Miles wrote:

I wouldn't even bother waterproofing it, but if you are set on doing so, here is a site that will tell you everything you have ever wanted to know about it:
http://www.sikaconstruction.com/con/con-repair/con-repair-w.htm
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Is the water to serve as a trap? I can't imagine having an 18 x 18 puddle of water stagnating in the garage breeding all sorts of nasty things.
If you really want to seal it, I'd look at using the stuff for sealing foundations.
wrote in message

If two inches of dirt and gravel collect under the 90 degree elbows I don't think I'd want to be the one cleaning out the pit. -Dan

Garage drains are illegal.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com