scratch in leather

When I had the Guardsman coverage they came out to fix scratches in my leather sofa. Now that the coverage has ended I can pay to have it fixed or do it myself. When the technician was here he left me a bottle of the stain that matches the color of my sofa. What do I need to do to do this myself? Can I just paint the stain on with a very small paint brush? How can I smooth it out as the scratch is from the cat and his claws made the scratch rough.

Thanks!

Eddie

Reply to
Eddie G

If you don't mind paying a few bucks you might go to one of those wholesale furniture places that buy up discontinued inventory. They usually have a guy that fixes scratches and tears in furniture. I had a brown leather couch with a scratch and the guy I hired fixed it so well you cannot find it. I also had a TV stand that got damaged by movers (big surprise huh!) and he fixed that big scuff for $35.....good luck....Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac