Small scratch in glass

Hello
I have a window with a small 8mm scratch. It feel quite deep. I'm sure this
cannot be polished out without affecting the area around the scratch too
much.
Is there any filler/resin that can be put in the scratch and then levelled
off when set to provide an invisible fix?
Ta.
Reply to
Grumps
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 08:59:10 -0000, "Grumps" wrote:
A window in what? If this is on a car, and you have comp. insurance, you can probably get a free repair at one of the windscreen replacement places. If it's a house window, the same stuff very likely works. Whether it's economic for you to buy a kit for one scratch I don't know.
Reply to
Laurence Payne
In message , Laurence Payne writes
That's what Autoglass tell you anyway
Have you ACTUALLY looked at your policy
Reply to
geoff
It used to be true, but every policy I've had in recent years has imposed a charge for windscreen replacement.
Reply to
Steve Firth
Insurance/Autoglass will *repair* your windscreen free under a lot of policies, they won't *replace* it for nothing though.
Reply to
tinnews
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 13:17:13 +0000, %steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) wrote:
He's not talking about a "free replacement" It was about a "free repair"
Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Site Timeline Threads